Tuesday, April 24, 2007

REA: Best Career Web Site - My votes

Reviewing the Recruiting Excellence Awards winners was an interesting exercise. The corporate culture of all four organizations comes through strongly, (sometimes intentionally, and sometimes not!) These web sites show what can be done with will, time and vision.

So, if Dr. John Sullivan asked me to serve as judge, and present the statue to the winner, here's what I would say.

Best Corporate Careers Website, MBA (Modified Bettinger Awards):

This award is for the best Corporate Careers website of the four highlighted at REA. Using the Bo Derek scale (rating from 1 to 10 with 10 high), I'll rank the contestants thus (link goes to my review):

* FedEx 10
* Rackspace Managed Hosting 9
* Starbucks 8
* Citigroup: 6

And the MBA Winner is: FedEx!

Maybe more companies need to enter the contest next year.

PS: John - I'll hold the banquet weekend open for you. Give a ring and I'll be there!